The Duke of Edinburgh's Award (abbreviated to DofE) is a youth awards programme which rewards teenagers & young adults for completing a series of exercises. Amongst the categories requiring completion is skills, where participants are required to learn a new skill and be able to evidence what they have learnt throughout a minimum 12-week period.
Since we get asked so often at events, how bath bombs are made – we have put together a Duke of Edinburgh skills course designed specifically for those looking learn a new skill over a 12-week period, whilst having fun. It is aimed at complete beginners and includes both recipes and full instructions to make nine products. The remainder of the 12-week course covers the importance of safety, labelling and other aspects which are relevant.
How it meets DofE criteria:
- Participants will learn a new practical skill which we hope will become a personal interest
- Some of the more advanced bath bombs are challenging – participants will learn to develop patience, problem solving and persistence.
- The course touches briefly on the science of bath bombs too – so it’s educational
- We provide templates for completion each week to accompany photos, so participants can monitor their progress as they work through the course.
- By the end of the course participants will have the necessary skills to make wonderful gifts for friends and family
- Assessment is at the end of the course and the assessors report will be written by a member of the Guild of Soap & Toiletry Makers.
What is included in the price?
- Illustrated instructions
- Troubleshooting guide
- Equipment & ingredients list
- Recommended suppliers list
- Weekly progress template
- Email Support
- End of course assessment
- Assessors report
The course is easy to follow and contains illustrations & photos at every point to show each step of the recipe. We are also available for email support throughout the 12 weeks (and after if participants decide to continue making bath bombs & soaps). The download is in PDF format, so there is no need to print it out.
At the end of the course, participants are sent a link to the online assessment. It is based only on the course content and consists of multiple choice questions. Once this has been passed the assessors reports will be written & submitted.
To purchase the course content & start on your journey towards learning a skill which will stay with you for life - click here.